One would normally place metal being patinated into a bath of rokusho. Instead, this silver copper dome was filled with the solution. The problem being that the heated solution evaporates and distilled water must be added to replace it. I've made that work several times but this time I forgot and returned to find 'tide lines'. I scrubbed them and started again, but realized i'd done the wrong thing and repeated the process. I managed to get the patina to match the stone colour almost exactly by accidentally dropping scorched diakon into the solution! I polished it too soon and removed some of the more subtle 'tide marks' but love the way it turned out and decided to keep the more dynamic version: Irogane experiment number 25.